Florida State Fair Frenzy
Presented By AMROC Fab Lab
Tampa, FL, US
February 18, 2023
AMROC Fab Lab
4800 US Hwy. 301 North
Tampa, FL 33610
|Starts:||Feb 18, 2023|
|Ends:||Feb 18, 2023|
Robot Classes / Competitions
|Combat||150 g - Fairyweight||Unlimited||11 Robots||None||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||1 lb - Antweight||Unlimited||21 Robots||None||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||3 lb - Beetleweight||Unlimited||10 Robots||None||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
2nd Annual Florida State Fair Frenzy
Last year’s inaugural Florida State Fair Frenzy was such a hit, we’ve been invited to host again at the 2023 Florida State Fair! Held in the Florida Center at the Fair, all competitors receive tickets to enjoy the Fair after the event. The State Fair Frenzy is part of AMRoC Fab Lab's STEAMFest at the Fair .
- Classes: Fairy, Ant, Beetle
- A pre-paid registration of $20 per bot is required, which goes towards prize money for the top winners in each class. Once your bot is approved, teams will get a link to pay their fee.
- Prize Purse: Cash prize as a split on registration fees divided between first/second/third place.
- Pits: Each team will have a table and power. Bring extension cords, power strips, lipo bags etc
- Pre-Event email will have more detailed information about the event.
- Load In 10-11AM
- Safety/Weigh In: 10:30AM
- Fights start at noon and run at the top of each hour thru 6PM.
- Rules: SPARC ruleset, plus:
- Exposed batteries are automatic forfeits
- One postponement
- One unstick per fight (if you become unintentionally stuck)
- No entanglements
- Tapouts are allowed
- Match length: TBD day of event, will be 2-3 minutes depending fight volume
- Double Elimination with a double final if needed.
- 1st Place- Rogers Robotics: Dropkick
- 2nd Place- Ram Robotics: Ramvac
- 3rd Place- Junk Yard Dog: Rougaroo
- 1st Place- Purple Fire: Insomnia
- 2nd Place- BattleBobs: Jordan
- 3rd Place- Panzer Jagers: Looongish
- 1st Place- Kriegs Combat: Buckeye Bot
- 2nd Place-Kriegs Combat: Horseshow Havoc
- 3rd Place- Push Bot: Micro Mauler
Watch tournament video here: https://youtube.com/live/lJf3-Jd-gvk