Combat at Gulf Coast MakerCon!
Presented By AMROC Fab Lab
Tampa , FL, US
May 27, 2023
AMROC Fab Lab
4801 E Fowler Ave
Tampa, FL 33617
|Starts:||May 27, 2023|
|Ends:||May 27, 2023|
Robot Classes / Competitions
|Combat||150 g - Fairyweight||16||7 Robots||None||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||1 lb - Antweight||16||18 Robots||4 Robots||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
|Combat||3 lb - Beetleweight||16||12 Robots||1 Robot||20.00 USD||Unlimited|
Welcome to Combat at Gulf Coast MakerCon! Gulf Coast MakerCon, one of the area's oldest maker festivals, is back after a short hiatus and looking forward to a full day of maker fun in partnership with the Tampa Museum of Science & Industry (MOSI), where the event is being held. So come enjoy a day of mini-mayhem at MakerCon!
- Classes: Fairy, Ant, Beetle
- A pre-paid registration of $20 per bot is required, which goes towards prize money for the top winners in each class. Once your bot is approved, teams will get a link to pay their fee.
- Prize Purse: Cash prize as a split on registration fees divided between first/second/third place and vie for the Rusty Wrench Award given to the top bot in each category!
- Pits: Each team will have a table and power. Bring extension cords, power strips, lipo bags,and chairs,in addition to robots and gear.
- Pre-Event email will have more detailed information about the event.
- Load-In and Safety Inspections: 9 am -10 am
- Drivers Meeting :10:30 am
- Must pass Safety by 11 am to generate brackets to start fights by noon
- Lunch at 11 am
- Fights start at noon and run continuously, with a minimum of 20 min. between matches
Rules: SPARC Ruleset plus:
- Exposed batteries are automatic forfeits
- One postponement
- One unstick per fight (if you become unintentionally stuck)
- No entanglements
- Tapouts allowed
Match Length: 2 minutes
Match format: In the interest of time, we will be doing Modified Double Elimination (single final fight)
Congrats to our winners and thank you to all who joined in for a fun day!
- Horseshow Havoc (Kriegs Combat)
- Woody’s Wedge (Kriegs Combat)
- Smol (Liberal Arts Engineering)
- Insomnia (Purple Fire)
- Chonk (Liberal Arts Engineering)
- Fury (Rogers Robotics)
- Zippy (Quicksilver Robotics)
- Big-G (Junk Yard Dog)
- Peekaboo (BattleBobs)